At the Molí dels Fanals we renew our menu this summer to bring you the flavors, combinations and culinary experiences. Discover what novelties are in the menu and enjoy a delicious meal this summer.
A lightest menu
In summer, we look for fresher and lighter dishes, full of vegetables. That’s why we have enlarged our salad offer with the ““Raf” tomato salad with onion from Figueres and lettuces from the next-door vegetable garden” and the “Mediterranean skate salad with mountain potato”. Furthermore, we also have incorporated a selection of fresh soups perfect to face the summer heat like for example the Cantaloupe melon soup with shavings of ham.
To surprise your palate, we have make new gastronomical fusions and combinations the new “Atlantic bluefin tuna tartare with tart green apple guacamole” will bring a special touch to a classic preparation. If you like to combine sweet and salty, the “Homemade duck burger with pears, foie gras and caramelized onion” is for you. Or if you prefer to discover new textures, taste the “Tomato Velouté”
We propose this meal so you can discover all the novelties of the Molí
Strawberry and tomato gazpacho with prawns and light coconut mousse or
Fresh vegetable tempura with soy
Tender green garlic and wild mushroom risotto or
Cod loin with crushed organic tomato and stewed potato
Discover the new menu of the Molí dels Fanals and taste the new dishes, always inspire on the mountain gastronomy.
The first weekend of December was the date chosen for the start of the new stage of Borda Xixerella by Moli dels Fanals. An opening with a very good reception from national public and from tourists who did not want to miss the specialties of this unique mountain overboard.
Located right outside the campsite with the same name, the Borda Xixerella reopens after two years of inactivity. Located in an environment surrounded by nature, halfway from the ski resort of Pal, it offers cozy atmosphere in a traditional overboard, with stone walls and wooden ceilings and a fireplace that warms the ambiance.
Its cuisine is inspired by the renowned cuisine of Moli dels Fanals, with homemade mountain cuisine proposals.
Dishes like “trinxat”, cream onion, sweet candied beef as well as salads, assorted iberian … guarantee the quality of the menu.
Moreover, typical Alpine specialties, such as meat fondues, with more elaborate sauces, and “raclette” in the authentic Swiss tradition, with the best Swiss cheese dishes and original accessories are also available.
For desserts, we recommend you to choose from the best specialties, always home-made.
Mountain food lovers have an appointment in this unique Borda Xixerella.
Discover exudes warmth and enjoy the best home cooking in a setting of incomparable beauty.
17Christmas dates are coming and it’s the moment to share a dinner or a lunch not only with your family but also with work colleagues too.
If you still do not know where to have your company meal, no need to look further: the Molí dels Fanals is the ideal place to enjoy it.
A privileged situation
A borda restaurant situated far from the city where you will contemplate the beauty of the Andorra nature and make a pause on the company day-of-day. Homely and quiet, at the Molí dels Fanals you will celebrate these days in a cozy and festive atmosphere.
A suitable place for groups
At the Molí we propose you an big space fully equipped and conditioned to celebrate company meals, with the possibility to add screen and projector. And, if you wish, we can help you with other complementary services like music and minibus for all.
A company menu
For Christmas days, the Molí dels Fanals proposes 3 company menus, but if you wish a tailored menu, we will elaborate a unique suggestion where gastronomy and good wine will be the protagonists.
If you want to celebrate your company’s Christmas party at the Molí dels Fanals you have only to phone at the number (+376) 835 380, and we organize all for you!
As each fall, the Andorra a Taula, the Gastronomic Days of Andorra, is back. A gastronomic event which seeks to make people taste the cuisine of the best restaurants in the country through the preparation of menus at a fixed price.
“The discovery of a new dish is more profitable to mankind than the discovery of a star” Savarin-Brillant
In this edition, to be held on October, restaurant chefs are left free to perform their creations with no theme or ingredient conditioning.
We invite you to enjoy the cuisine of Andorra and the company of your friends and family, with menus at a price ranging between 25 € and 35 €. The Moli dels Fanals will not miss the appointment. We offer you this degustation menu with products from local producers which you will love for their authentic flavors:
Iberic ham bite with “coca de vidre” bread
Mountain “trinxat” with botifarra
Ecologic vegetable tempura with soy sauce
Cod loin with glazed potatoes and tomato “concasse”
Tender Andorran beef glazes with O’porto sauce
Selection of cakes of our trolley
35€ + IGI
Book your table here and….
Yesterday started for the World Championships UCI Mountain Bike and Trial, with the modalities of cross-country, cross-country eliminator, downhill and trial. The competition, which gathers the best specialists in each modality, will last until September 6th.
After last week La Massana became the headquarter of the Masters Mountain Bike World Championships, this week is the turn of one the most relevant sport event on two wheels. Coinciding today September 2nd with the key stage of the Tour of Spain, which takes place entirely in the Principality riding along six mountain passes, the UCI World Championships Mountain Bike and Trials will take place in the Vallnord Bike Park and will last until Sunday.
Two events that make up Andorra in the center of attention of those who are passionate for two wheels. Whether mountain or road, the Principality offers great possibilities of enjoyment for professionals and amateurs.
The official opening of the World Championships took place yesterday, with the participation of 52 nations which are competing this week at La Massana Vallnord Bike Park. Political representation in the act, the bikers parade and the show of the Ambassador World Championships (the descender Cédric Gracia) were the highlights of this inauguration.
We want to share with you some pictures of those moments to invite you to enjoy of some of the competitions of the Championship.
In July and september our summer menu will be available to enjoy sun and good weather. Savor our dishes while you admire the landscape and the views form our privileged location.
Let’s eat out!
APPETIZER OF THE DAY
1ST DISH TO CHOOSE
- Tomato velvet soup with basilica oil and mozzarella
- Courgette carpaccio with Sauvignon vinaigrette, bouquet of pepper “escalivat” and belly of tuna fish
- Homemade cannelloni
- Moussels “a la llauna”
- Melon cream with pieces of ham
- Macaroni au gratin
- Tomato raf salad
2nd DISH TO CHOOSE
- Upland rice
- Cod fish au gratin with garlic muslin
- Oxtail cooked at a low temperature with homemade French fries
- Iberian secret grilled with his garnish
- Meat balls stew with squid
- “Brinza” of grilled veal with vegetables and baked potato
- Monkfish with burnt garlic
DESERT OF OUR TROLLEY
WATER AND WINE
The Molí dels Fanals is pleased to welcome the 2nd dinner with charity auction organized by La Capsa Espais de Creació on June, 10th. This year pupils of La Capsa and consolidated artists of the country will auction their creations to raise funds for Specialized School Our Meritxell Lady.
Next June, 10th from 8:00pm, in Molí dels Fanals we have the door open to people interested in this auction dinner: a charity meal at a price of 50€ where creations of famous artists of the country (like Angel Calvente, Ahmed Kestha, Zoe, Eve Ariza, Rosa Mujal or Jean Luc Herbert) and pupils of the artistic center’s will be auctioned. This year, 50% of the total collection will be delivered to Specialized School Our Meritxell Lady.
The artist’s works will be exhibit in Molí dels Fanals from the beginning of June to the night of the auction, moment where crations will be sell at a very attractive price and below their real value.
Francesc Guillen, the restaurant’s Manager thinks that “We must give back to society what it gives us”. He feels very proud to participate in this initiative is with an special menu which will kept secret until the dinner.
A good opportunity for art lovers to obtain originals works of the best artists in the country or a new value yet to be discovered, at a very interesting price. At the same time, it’s the perfect excuse to share a singular evening with art and to collaborate with one of the most active social entity in the country.
Another added value of this dinner will be the opportunity to enjoy moments with the artists, and to comment in live their works.
Whether you are an art lovers or a cuisine lovers, book now your night of June, 10th to enjoy this charity dinner with auction included that will not leave you indifferent.
We will be expecting you!
- ¼ kg of chicken
- 50 g of ham
- ½ of milk
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g of flour
- 1 onion
- Sauté with butter the onion cut into julienne strips
- Add ham and chicken previously crumbled and seasoned
- Leave to golden
- Then put it in a bowl with milk and flour and beat all with an electric mixer
- Put back into the pan until it becomes a consistent mass
- Leave to cool
- Make the croquettes, cover them with flour, beaten egg and breadcrumb
- The croquettes are ready to be served!
For 6 persons:
- 1 melon
- ¼ liter of single cream
- ½ white wine glass
- ¼ melon liqueur glass
- 1 pinch of salt
- Open the melon in the middle
- Take out seeds, and empty melon with a spoon. Put pulp into a bowl
- Add the rest of ingredients in the bowl and beat all with an electric mixer
- Leave to stand in the fridge for a few hours
- Serve the cold cream decorated with pieces of ham
Mother’s Day is coming with the desire to take care of our mums and to enjoy this special day with our family.
A festivity whose origins date back in the ancient Greece, when honoring Rhea, the mother of the Hellenic gods. Lately, this tradition was adopted also by Catholics to pay honors to Mary Virgin.
At the Molí dels Fanals we want to pay our particular tribute to all mothers for everything they do day after day. So, for one day at least, we will try that mothers can reconcile lunch in family in a restaurant at the same time they can enjoy our cuisine and meal fully without being speed.
Games after lunch for children
Sunday March 3th, Molí dels Fanals will count on a nurse who will take care of children after their lunch, so that their mothers can enjoy their meal peacefully. Games and entertainments are guaranteed for kids, while parents enjoy a festive meal.
An exclusive day dedicated to mums, a present to surprise her, a moment to share in family!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!
“Gastronomy is the joy of all conditions and all ages. It adds wit to beauty.” Charles Pierre MONSELET
One again, Andorra welcomes spring with one of the most awaited gastronomic meetings in the country: Andorra a Taula.
From 1st to 31 May, 34 restaurants of the country will propose you their recipes to enjoy Andorran cuisine with your friends or your family.
With menus from 20€ to 30€, restaurants will be offering seasonal and nearby products, like Andorran beef. And, to enrich dishes and sweetened deserts, don’t miss the protagonist ingredient of this edition: HONEY!
Molí dels Fanals participates again at this event, with a proposal to disclose our cuisine specificity, adding a touch of creativity to each of our dishes that you will love.
A menu which will make your mouth water:
Andorra a Taula
First course (to choose)
Scrambled eggs with Andorran potatoes and donja
Chicory salad with vinaigrette of country nectum and nuts
Second course (to choose)
Cod with cream of leeks
Creamy Andorran beef stewed and ratte potatoes
Selection of cakes of our trolley
25€ + IGI (drinks not included)
Book your table here and….
For the crêpes dough
- 1 l of milk
- 200 g of flour
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g pasteurized egg (or 3 eggs)
To fill crêpes
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ laminated mushrooms
- ½ porcinis
- Provence herbs
- 20 g of foie
- 1,5 l of liquid cream
For the crêpes dough
- Mix all ingredients until to have a homogeneous mixture which will be passing through a fine sieve, to avoid lumps.
- The dough is left to stand for at least 30 minutes.
For the crêpes fill
- Beginning by brown onions and cloves with a little bit of olive oil.
- After, add laminated mushrooms, porcinis and Provence herbs.
- When it will be well-cooked, add piece of foie (20 grams) and liter and a half of liquid cream.
- Let it reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes and mix it from time to time.
- Crush a little bit the mixture (but don’t transform it in purée, it need to have small ingredients pieces).
- Leave to cool.
For the crêpes
- Use a silicon brush to paint a pan of 20 centimeters, with a bit of butter which has been melt in the microwave.
- With a ladle, pour the dough crêpes into the pan and let it cook in one side.
- With silicone tongue, turn crêpe and do the same in the other side.
- One this is completed, add mushrooms and foie fill and half in the middle.
- Heat until inside be hot.
- Put all carefully in the middle of the dish and serve.
Easter holidays are coming, and with them the delicious cakes which are most beautiful one than the others. For these days, chocolate and gingerbread are the protagonists to offer you succulents disserts.
Molí dels Fanals has been looking for surprising and originals Easter cakes to give you good ideas to cook a homely Easter cake. To make it easier, we have been collecting all here, on a Pinterest Boardwhich will give you a lot of good ideas to decorate and fill your Easter Cakes. From traditional ones to the most innovative, you’ll have a hard work to choose from.
Don’t think twice, and get your hands-on and to become the most original godfather or godmother of the family.
And for Easter holidays, please don’t hesitate and enjoy a good meal with your family in one of the best restaurants in Andorra. Molí dels Fanals has elaborated a referral Andorran cuisine menu tasty for everyone in the family.
Please, note our opening times for Easter days:
- Sunday, 29 March (Palm Sunday) – From 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Friday, 3 April (Good Friday) – From 1:00pm to 3:30pm and from 8:30pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday, 4 April (Holy Saturday) – From 1:00pm to 3:30pm and from 8:30pm to 11:00pm
- Sunday, 5 April (Holy Sunday) – From 1:00pm to 3:30pm and from 8:30pm to 11:00pm
- Monday, 6 April (Easter Monday) – From 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Tuesday, 7 April – Closed
Happy holidays for all Ester cakes lovers!
- 6 salmon pieces cute in supreme
- 18 red prawns
- 4 shallots
- 30g of butter
- 1l of heavy cream
- 1 brandy glass
- Salt and white pepper
- Fry seasoned salmon without skin in a paella with butter, ad shallot finely cute and seasoned prawns.
- Boil for 5 minutes and flame it with Brandy.
- Ad heavy cream and let it reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put all in a tray to place in oven and cover all with the strain sauce.
- Grille it in oven for 3 minutes.
Like each year in this season, the main restaurants of La Massana come together to offer you a Cooking day’s with main character an aliment or an ingredient. In this case, the menus will go around Pork, an aliment very present in the mountain cuisine (sausages, elaborate cuisine, etc.).
Molí dels Fanals will not miss this event, so we elaborated a special menu, with an obtainable price, which you can enjoy at noon or at night from 5th to 28th of February.
Molí dels Fanals
Av. De les Comes s/n. Sispony. T. +376 835 380
Sunday night and Monday, closed.
- Iberian ham morsel with “coca de vidre” bread
- “Trinxat” of mountain with pudding or fried eggs with Andorran “donja”
- Suckling pig boning baked at a low temperature with garrison or Iberian secret grilled with vegetables and truffle baked
- Desserts of our forklift
- Water and refreshments
Price: €25, IGI not included
Don’t miss the opportunity to taste this food. You will not be disappointed!
- 1 green keel
- 3 potatoes
- 50 grams of Iberian bacon
- 100 grams of raw pudding
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100 grams of black blood pudding
- 6 slices of bacon
- Clean the keel and cut the trunk leaf.
- Boil keel and potatoes with a pinch of salt.
- In a pan with oil sautée the Iberian bacon in small pieces.
- Then, add raw pudding finely diced until golden.
- Put potatoes and keel in the pan and crushing this with fork.
- And give it a few turns to be golden.
- Put all in a tray and serve the dish with bacon, which you fried with black blood pudding.
- A suckling pig in pieces (so it can fit in your oven), without skin
- Cardamom, salt and pepper
Due to the suckling pig cooking time and the subsequent need to let it cool, it’s recommended to prepare this meal a day before.
- Put salt, pepper and cardamom to the suckling pig.
- Put it in a profound baking tray and dip it completely in oil
- Cut 3 sheets of aluminum foil slightly bigger than the baking tray and seal everything
- Put it in the oven at 140ºC and let it cook for 4 hours. Meanwhile, we can start preparing the garnish.
- Fry the potatoes, with or without skin.
- Take a fresh pumpkin, peel it and cute it in little dices.
- Put the pumpkin in a pot; add cardamom, cinnamon, sugar, butter and a little amount of water.
- Cover it and let it cook for 20 minutes at low heat.
- When it’s completely cooked, take off the spices and mashed it with a fork.
- After 4 hours of cooking, remove the suckling pig from the oven and, without taking off the aluminum foil, let it cool for half an hour.
- Once deboned and with the meat still hot, compact it, and tur nit into a roll with plastic foil. Let it sit until it’s completely cool.
- Once cool, and before serving, take one of the rolls and cut the right amount of servings(there is usually 2 servings for roll)
- Brown it a little bit on a pan with a little bit of oil, and let it heat on the oven for 4 or 5 minutes at 180ºC.
- Remove the meat from the oven after 5 minutes and brown it with a blowtorch.
- Put in on the center of a dish and serve it.
You can see how to cook it on the videohere.
¿Te gusta el vino?
Si eres de los que piensa que para poder disfrutar de un buen caldo no hace falta ser un sibarita, aprovecha nuestro concurso y comparte con todos nosotros ese vino que es tan especial para ti. Y si te consideras un entendido en la materia capaz de apreciar cada una de las notas olfativas y de gusto del vino, anímate también y dinos cuál es tu vino preferido.
Participar es muy fácil. Sólo tenéis que fotografiar la botella o la etiqueta de vuestro vino preferido y subir la imagen a nuestro concurso en Facebook.
Uno de los participantes se llevará directamente una botella de vino VIRTUS al subir su foto al concurso. ¿serás tú?
Además, la foto que nuestro equipo considere más original también ganará una botella de VIRTUS, nuestro vino, el que elaboramos nosotros mismos.
Y finalmente, entre todos los participantes, sortearemos una cena para dos personas en el Restaurant Molí dels Fanals.
¿Te animas a participar?
Date prisa, el concurso acaba el 15 de octubre.
¡Mucha suerte a tod@as!
To make Toffee
- 200gr. sugar
- 20gr. butter
To make the cake
- 4 apples
- 1 Ready-made shortcrust pastry
- Crème fraîche
- To make the toffee, mix in a pan butter and sugar, until you get a liquid boiling dark brown caramel.
- Pour the caramel in a oven pan. Let it get warm.
- Wash and peel the apples. Take out the seeds and cut in quarters.
- Once the toffee is warm, place the apples on it, putting the biggest on the outside.
- Spread flour on the table. Smooth the pastry to 3 or 4 mm thick in a slightly greater size than the diameter of the mold.
- Cover the apples with the pastry.
- Mark the edge of the mold on the pastry and cut the excess always leaving 2 fingers spare.
- Place the remaining edge into the mold, and close well the cake.
- Prick the pastry and make a hole in the center, to breathe.
- Then got up slightly on the sides and pour fraîche cream over apples.
- Close the cover again and introduce the cake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for an hour or hour and a half.
- Remove when cooked and still hot, pull the excess caramel and cream
- Unmold (with the hot cake)
- Relocate apples that have moved when unmolding the cake and optionally paint with gelatin.
You can also view this video-recipe: http://youtu.be/_KAz-bol718
- ½ kg curd
- ½ liter of cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250g condensed milk
- 30g of pine nuts
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients Using a hand mixer or a whisk until you have a smooth paste.
- Pour it in a baking tray in a rectangular shape mold.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in a water bath in the oven an hour and a half, at a temperature of 180 º.
- When the flam is cool, remove from mold and place on a tray.
- Serve it decorated with pine nuts and honey on top.
You can also do it in portions, just change the rectangular mould for individual type.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 1kg leeks
- 2 potatoes
- 30g butter
- 4.1 liter cream
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- Salt and white pepper
- In a saucepan with butter cook the sliced leeks and potatoes cut into cubes, until the leek is transparent.
- Then add a quart of water and let it boil for twenty minutes.
- Then add the cream and cook five minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree soup in blender.
- Serve cold cream decorated with chopped fresh parsley.
July News’ at El Molí dels Fanals!
On one side we have just renovated our menu , with new more informal proposals that invite people to share a few entrees with fresh and original combinations of flavors. Nevertheless, we maintain our classic and typically mountain cooking dishes, and our very well known homemade desserts.
You may consult in the Molí Menu” here our new proposals.
Furthermore, we have released new Website . A very visual and customer oriented site, willing to be an active and dynamic channel of communication. Among the main novelties of the page, we want to highlight the possibility of , 24 hours a day 365 days a year, and accessibility from both, desktops and mobile devices.
In our new site you’ll also find new sections like:
– A Recipes page where we will hang our dishes recipes
– Gift Section, where you can request a Gift Voucher in our restaurant
If you do not want to miss any of our news from the web page you can subscribe to our Newsletter or follow us on social networks.
See you there!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 magret
- ½ kg of black grapes
- 1 l of O’porto wine
- 30 gr of butter
- A teaspoon of corn starch
- Salt and pepper
- Put the wine and the grapes on a sauce pan and let the boil until everything is reduced to half
- Put the sauce with butter and corn flour on a pan. Let it cook until you have a slightly thick sauce. /li>
- Salt and pepper the magrets and fry them on a pan without oil, the side of the grease touching the pan, until they are brown. Turn them over and cook them for a few seconds more.
- Serve the laminated magrets with the hot sauce et the grapes.
- 4 small cuts of loin of codfish
- Assortment of lettuce and escarole
- ¼ litre of olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 anchovies
- A handful of black olives
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and balsamic vinegar
- Place the desalted codfish in a saucepan and cover with oil.
- Put the garlic and bay leaves together.
- Cook for about five minutes on a very low heat, do not boil.
- Place the codfish to one side.
- Place the lettuce and escarole in a bowl, together with the pepper strips.
- Serve the salad with the sliced, warm codfish on top.
- Finally dress the salad with the oil which served to confit the codfish, the anchovies, the handful of olives, the vinegar and the salt.
- 1kg of snails (Cornu aspersum – garden snails)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the snails heads up and close together on a baking tray.
- Cook on a very low heat.
- When all the snails have come out of their shells, cook them on a high heat for five more minutes.
- Then sprinkle with oil and add plenty of salt and pepper.
- Finally, brown them in the oven until they are golden.
- They can be served with alioli (garlic mayonnaise) or a vinaigrette.
- The vinaigrette can be made with three parts of oil and one of vinegar, a pinch of salt, sweet paprika and black pepper.
Book your table:
The most practical and fastest way to reserve your table at El Molí dels Fanals.
(+376) 835 380
Where we are
Molí dels Fanals Restaurant
For lunch13h00 to 15h30
For diner20h30 to 23h00
Sunday evening and MondayClosed