Roasted suckling pig with pumpkin and cinnamon garnish
- A suckling pig in pieces (so it can fit in your oven), without skin
- Cardamom, salt and pepper
Due to the suckling pig cooking time and the subsequent need to let it cool, it’s recommended to prepare this meal a day before.
- Put salt, pepper and cardamom to the suckling pig.
- Put it in a profound baking tray and dip it completely in oil
- Cut 3 sheets of aluminum foil slightly bigger than the baking tray and seal everything
- Put it in the oven at 140ºC and let it cook for 4 hours. Meanwhile, we can start preparing the garnish.
- Fry the potatoes, with or without skin.
- Take a fresh pumpkin, peel it and cute it in little dices.
- Put the pumpkin in a pot; add cardamom, cinnamon, sugar, butter and a little amount of water.
- Cover it and let it cook for 20 minutes at low heat.
- When it’s completely cooked, take off the spices and mashed it with a fork.
- After 4 hours of cooking, remove the suckling pig from the oven and, without taking off the aluminum foil, let it cool for half an hour.
- Once deboned and with the meat still hot, compact it, and tur nit into a roll with plastic foil. Let it sit until it’s completely cool.
- Once cool, and before serving, take one of the rolls and cut the right amount of servings(there is usually 2 servings for roll)
- Brown it a little bit on a pan with a little bit of oil, and let it heat on the oven for 4 or 5 minutes at 180ºC.
- Remove the meat from the oven after 5 minutes and brown it with a blowtorch.
- Put in on the center of a dish and serve it.
You can see how to cook it on the videohere.
Book your table:
The most practical and fastest way to reserve your table at El Molí dels Fanals.
(+376) 835 380
Where we are
Molí dels Fanals Restaurant
For lunch13h00 to 15h30
For diner20h30 to 23h00
Sunday evening and MondayClosed