To make Toffee
- 200gr. sugar
- 20gr. butter
To make the cake
- 4 apples
- 1 Ready-made shortcrust pastry
- Crème fraîche
- To make the toffee, mix in a pan butter and sugar, until you get a liquid boiling dark brown caramel.
- Pour the caramel in a oven pan. Let it get warm.
- Wash and peel the apples. Take out the seeds and cut in quarters.
- Once the toffee is warm, place the apples on it, putting the biggest on the outside.
- Spread flour on the table. Smooth the pastry to 3 or 4 mm thick in a slightly greater size than the diameter of the mold.
- Cover the apples with the pastry.
- Mark the edge of the mold on the pastry and cut the excess always leaving 2 fingers spare.
- Place the remaining edge into the mold, and close well the cake.
- Prick the pastry and make a hole in the center, to breathe.
- Then got up slightly on the sides and pour fraîche cream over apples.
- Close the cover again and introduce the cake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for an hour or hour and a half.
- Remove when cooked and still hot, pull the excess caramel and cream
- Unmold (with the hot cake)
- Relocate apples that have moved when unmolding the cake and optionally paint with gelatin.
You can also view this video-recipe: http://youtu.be/_KAz-bol718
Book your table:
The most practical and fastest way to reserve your table at El Molí dels Fanals.
(+376) 835 380
Where we are
Molí dels Fanals Restaurant
Av. Les Comes 3
Tel: (+376) 835 380
For lunch13h00 to 15h30
For diner20h30 to 23h00
Sunday evening and MondayClosed
[add_posts category=actualidad show=5